<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://cultureovercontent.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Culture Over Content: Meet the teacher!

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Meet the teacher!


Hello and welcome to my BRAND NEW blog!! My name is Ashley Mowder. I am currently a middle school social studies teacher in Kansas. I began my teaching career in Texas, where I taught 4th grade. However, I quickly realized that I was NOT born to be an elementary teacher! So, here I am, muddling my way through middle school and loving every minute of it!

Credit to Pixabay.com and Canva.com for images

My teaching style of far from traditional. My classroom is full of flexible seating options and I choose to implement trauma-informed practices. I see my classroom as a space where my students can discover how they learn best. I endeavor to offer choices, lots and lots of choices, and to provide a safe place where they can learn from those choices. I enjoy teaching with hands-on activities, games, and most of all, PROJECTS!

I would love to hear your story. What do you teach? Have you ever made a jump in grade levels? Did it work out as well for you as it did for me? What is your classroom like? Leave your comments below. Thank you for joining me on this journey!




























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home